Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Crisis Mode

Yesterday I announced my health crisis on Facebook & Twitter.  According to my twitter BFF @NLitvin it was like "coming out".  I had been keeping this information closely guarded among a tight circle of friends & family.  I did this because I didn't want to become another "Cancer Blogger".  There is more to me than this. Anyway, yesterday was a tough day & I realized how isolated I felt, so I decided to tell everybody.  
My prognosis is good, I am a person of faith & am generally an optimistic person, but my surgery is next week & I am scared out of my mind.  I am a caregiver for my mother and I am making arrangements for people to look after her while I am in the hospital.  Yesterday I realized all I had to do yet before the surgery for my mom & the house we share and I had a melt down.  I am better today.  This afternoon I have a final pre surgery visit with my surgeon and am prepared with a list of questions.  My brother is going with me.  My cousin from Cleveland is coming to stay at our house & help my mother out.  I love them both very much.  Big thank yous to both of you!


2 comments:

  1. Keeping you close in thought and prayer. As well as your Mom, Cousin and household. I think now is a good time to share your life!!! Be strong, keep the faith and know that God is just a breath away! ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Pam, had to update my profile. It's Valerie!!

    ReplyDelete