Thursday, February 20, 2014

Confessions To A House Guest

I'm excited about even the possibility you might be able to visit, but you've never been here so I think it's only fair to warn you about a few things.

The carpeting is 25 years old & disgusting.  We would get new carpeting, but besides me being a penny pincher, who would move all of that heavy furniture? Also, I keep thinking someday we'll move and we'll put new carpeting in then to sell the house.  The carpet does clean up nicely with a yearly professional cleaning, but..... that yearly cleaning happened....10 months ago. Currently it looks like a kids party just happened here. What can I say? We spill a lot.

We have 3 cats & I know you are not a cat lover.  They will probably bother you because they can sense a non fan a mile away.  Your bedroom door will close to keep them out, but currently your bathroom is missing a towel rod.  It fell off & I have no idea how to put it back up.  The good news is that as of this minute, all of the toilets, showers & sinks actually work.

I've been stingy with the selfies cause I hate the way I look in pix, but when you are here, you'll see the real thing,the good, the bad & the ugly.  Let's just say that given my health distractions, eye brow waxing has not been a top priority. 

This is my mom's house so the decor reflect her & my late father's changing tastes over a marriage of 56 years. I like some of it, especially the things that have been in their homes since my childhood.  Some of it is just weird & there is too much of it.  I mean it's a perfectly nice house & neat & clean (mostly, on a good day) but much of it is not my taste.  I've created a "nest" of sorts upstairs in my rooms where you will be sleeping.  It reflects me & I love being surrounded by my own things that trigger great memories or just make me happy.  I hope you enjoy it!
 

2 comments:

  1. Your bed is one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in!!! (And I've slept in a lot-LOL-please don't misunderstand).

    ReplyDelete